1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

My baby was 6 today!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by clear_air, Jan 31, 2012.

1. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Anyone else wierded out by the way their offspring just keep getting older and older? My baby girl can't really possibly be called a baby any more![​IMG]

2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

My youngest turns 18 on Saturday. She's still "mummy's baby" in my head. I'm happy and sad at the same time.
    (I remember saying to her when she was 11, "come and sit on my lap for a cuddle", which she did. My mother, in the room at the time, fell about laughing, calling me ridiculous - but I suspect in the long term I'll have a better relationship with my daughter than I ever did with my mother.)

3. smoothnewt

I meant to add - I hope you have had some good birthday celebrations!

4. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

I've eaten too much cake. And I shall no doubt eat too much on Saturday when she has her little friends over for a DVD party (Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeaquel...she's changed her mind away from Bolt). I'll be so sad if she's ever too big for a cuddle!

5. smoothnewt

Enjoy it, as the years really do pass so quickly. [​IMG]
    I still can't get my head around the fact that children she was at primary school with (and I still see them as five year olds in my head as it only seems like five minutes ago) are now all driving around in cars. So weird!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Ha! My grandson is six!!! (A fabulous age!)
    My "babies" are 33 and almost 23!

7. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Now that's just plain wrong!
    The other weird things that happened is that I said to the young teacher I have just started working with, only the other day, that I was a bit nervous about teaching Y6, because the last time I taught Y6 was in 1997...to which she replied, all innoncent and everything, 'gosh, I did my SATs in 1997'!! !!! !!!!

8. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

He can't be, he was a baby when I joined this site!

9. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

My 'baby' is 38 (39 this year!) and is in my mobile under 'baby'! Her baby is 5 and i cant quite comprehend that either (first born obviously as her real baby is 2 1/2!!!!)
    I love my babe as much today as the day she was born - so special.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Doesn't time fly!!! Buddha boy is, indeed, six! And still a joy!

11. Yesterday I was in a school on supply when the Key Stage Leader came to me with the work. I'd taught her when she was five.................