1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Must remember!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cyolba, May 28, 2011.

1. They think it's important. 95% of the time, you know why - there's almost always an agenda (need an NQT to balance books; need a specific gender to balance that; one candidate is bessy mates with headteacher etc). I've never asked for feedback, because I always know that I'm the best candidate and that they made a poor decision, therefore their feedback is pointless bollocks as they have to ability to discern my undoubted brilliance.

cyolba, tucking into a bacon sandwich and already sick of the wanky ManScum suckup radio reports :)

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

The job would have been a bit of a monster for several reasons.
    I really, really meant to decline feedback, but when offered it forgot to say nooooooooo!

3. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Just because you addressed it does not mean you addressed it successfully.

4. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Well, you only have my word for it of course.
    Usually I'm well into being reflective and looking towards improvement, but in this case there wasn't any more that could be done with the information provided.
    Sometimes you just know that you and the school don't suit each other - and it's for the best that you don't get the position.
    But when feedback is odd, like not having had any experience of something, having worked in special school for that condition for some years. (!), it does make you wish you'd said 'no!'