1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"Must have" EYFS classroom resources

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Tamster150, Jan 13, 2011.

1. I have just started a new job in a Reception class. The school has lots of lovely equipment like a light box and lovely community playthings furniture but hardly any physical resources that I thought were fairly standard in an EY's setting. (like any kind of threading resource) They seem to have (wasted) spent a lot of money on making the school "look" nice, rather than providing any concrete resources to provide substance to the curriculum.
    I am going to do an audit next week but was wondering if anyone had a list of recommended resources or could tell me the resources that they couldn't live without.
    I know the things that I would personally like, but I would like a more generic list to work from.
    TIA

2. I have just started a new job in a Reception class. The school has lots of lovely equipment like a light box and lovely community playthings furniture but hardly any physical resources that I thought were fairly standard in an EY's setting. (like any kind of threading resource) They seem to have (wasted) spent a lot of money on making the school "look" nice, rather than providing any concrete resources to provide substance to the curriculum.
    I am going to do an audit next week but was wondering if anyone had a list of recommended resources or could tell me the resources that they couldn't live without.
    I know the things that I would personally like, but I would like a more generic list to work from.
    TIA