1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Must be something somewhere

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by amy100, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Has anyone ever come across the development stages of activties such as water play, sand play etc.

I have a feeling this is going to be a long shot but if you don't ask.......

2. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

Every preschool setting seems to keep very detailed records - perhaps if you could get an outline of their targets? Or try Montessori?

3. Ibuzzybea

Ibuzzybea Occasional commenter

Hi Amy sorry to be a pain but not really sure what you are asking? Do you want what a child would do with sand/ water at each stage of development or when would they be paying with this or something completely different?

4. For example I teach a child that is not past the stage of exploring with his mouth, what would be the next stage of development and so on, for example, would it be to rub sand between fingers etc. II guess I want the baby steps! I know each child if different and it would be wrong Mark pupils off against such a thing but I am looking for a little guidance.

5. DJL

DJL

Would it be covered in the early P-levels of physical development? Maybe B-squared has something. I'll think. (You know me, by the way, can you guess?)

6. What about the Development Matters for Early years, they are broken down into ages/steps.You will find them on the gov. website. Or try a baby development site.