1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

muslim working in a catholic school

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sarah_apple, Jun 4, 2011.

1. I know of at least one CofE school localish to me that has a very very high percentage of Muslim pupils. It's just a consequence of how the population makeup of the area it's in has shifted through time that it's developed like that.

2. I don't see why it should mean the end of faith schools. There are Church schools that do manage to find a majority of Christian children (aren't there?) and while there is a demand from parents I believe they should exist.
    Church schools with a muslim majority of pupils is a sad situation, why not make such schools into state-funded muslim schools? At the moment there are only a handful across the country. I live in London yet my nearest state muslim school is over an hour away, I made the journey every day for a year with one of my children, spending around 5 hours a day travelling backwards and forwards. Then gave up. All state-funded muslim schools are massively over-subscribed.

3. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Or, crazy idea this, have no faith schools funded by the state.