1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Musings

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Flere-Imsaho, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I thought there was going to be a Musings forum for us all to post our whimsy and intellectual belly button fluff?

2. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

This is it. We muse about our personal opinions.

3. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

If we could generate the visual spectrum giving the wavelength of the light would we all pick the same wavelength for 'red' light?

4. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Someone once said that all the great pleasures of life involve substances moving into or out of the body. Does a dog feel the same pleasure as I do during defaecation?

5. Flere-Imsaho

Is it?
    I'd somehow seen musings as a bit more nebulous than opinions and not always very personal.

6. Flere-Imsaho

You feel pleasure when your dog defecates?
    :eek:
    I reckon the dog gets more pleasure from eating poo than excreting it.

7. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

8. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I knew a grammar Nazi would be along to comment on that.
    Does a dog feel the same pleasure during its act of defaecation as I do during mine?
    So I get to be gross twice.
    Pleasure while eating faeces is pleasure from a substance passing into the body.

9. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

http://www.mollys-musings.com/#welcome

I don't have any of my own. Here are some of Molly's.

They seem to involve a lot of shopping. And it seems essential to include a lot of selfies with your musings. Perhaps that's why I'm not much of a muser.

10. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

I'm more keen on amusings.

kibosh likes this.
  11. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Wasn't 'Musings' something that Jude made up?

12. Flere-Imsaho

In that case it should be less whimsical and more staid depression.
    The Protestant work ethic may bring redemption but it will never bring happiness. Discuss.

coffeekid and grumpydogwoman like this.
  13. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

That's a good one @Flere-Imsaho

A/ I don't accept it will bring redemption. I'm not sure what that is but it sounds pretty dour and Presbyterian. I realise however you used the word 'may'.
    B/ Does a job well done not inspire feelings of happiness?

(I don't think I'm cut out for musing.)

14. Flere-Imsaho

I was just musing that you could swap happiness and redemption around. We need some people with proper gravitas to discuss this fully.

kibosh likes this.
  15. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

I was just musing on Flere having so many likes .... I can understand why , but there are an awful lot of them...on the entertainment forum perhaps?

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  16. Flere-Imsaho

No, I've only posted a few times on Entertainment. I did beg shamelessly for a couple last night on the art thread to tip me over.
    I think I just post a lot and some people seem very generous with the "like" system! I find this new format very easy to use. I know a few posters seem to be having terrible problems with it and I hope that gets sorted out because it is miles better than that old system with all the groups and joining and general faffing about.

ilovesooty and bombaysapphire like this.
  17. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I do like a nice muse.

kibosh likes this.
  18. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

I see Flere, thank you. (Modest too!)

the ultimate muse, existential and quite hackneyed apparently, though new to me, is "why is there something?" There ought to be a name for the feeling one gets on this muse. (from this muse, if you prefer, lol!)

19. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I see the tone of conversation has already reached the level once restricted to opinion.;)

20. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I think you'll find that the music thread generated a lots of likes for those who contributed to it.