1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Musicals......ideas please?

Discussion in 'Music' started by anon4561, Feb 1, 2011.

1. I know there was a thread on this recently, but I can't find it, so sorry! I work in a small school and need to put on a musical this year, with very few male parts, and rock band instruments. Does anyone have any ideas? I looked at "Little Shop of Horrors" but the cost is prohibitive. Does anyone know of any contemporary original musicals that we could do? I'm in Oz and have contacted a few of the small companies who have school musicals, but I thought there might be something similar in the UK? Thanks

2. I know there was a thread on this recently, but I can't find it, so sorry! I work in a small school and need to put on a musical this year, with very few male parts, and rock band instruments. Does anyone have any ideas? I looked at "Little Shop of Horrors" but the cost is prohibitive. Does anyone know of any contemporary original musicals that we could do? I'm in Oz and have contacted a few of the small companies who have school musicals, but I thought there might be something similar in the UK? Thanks

3. I believe the rights to 'We Will Rock You' are quite reasonable for schools, although this is only hearsay - I haven't done it myself.

4. Have you looked into "Blues Brothers"? We put it on about 4 years ago and it was successful. Good luck with whatever you end up choosing, I know it's hard work, but it should all be worth it.

5. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New commenter

Try www.onemoretime.biz
    There are two really good musical plays on the website, Arthur's Knights and Samson Power. Both are popular in UK.

6. Thanks...I checked that out, but they only sell rights within the UK. Since posting I found a small Australian company and they've given me a few options.

7. I'll check out your other answers too..... but it's looking better than it did yesterday...thank you!