1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Musical suitable for Year 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tjh1052, Jul 9, 2019.

1. tjh1052

tjh1052 New commenter

Hi there
    I'm thinking of doing a musical for the year 6 leavers production next summer. Does anyone have a suggestion of something that worked well for them - something that doesn't need too many props, scenes or costumes as it will be just be and a TA putting it together.
    Many thanks in advance
    Tanya

2. punkiest.monkey

punkiest.monkey New commenter

Cats! The children loved it and there are no set changes and hardly any acting - just singing and dancing. The children supplied their own costumes made from scraps of material - an army of parents did the face-painting!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  3. nical73

nical73 Occasional commenter

Go on Musicline. Particularly ones by Craig Hawes. (E.g Superstan or Bongo Bandits). My TA and I have been doing end of year plays for 12 years and discovered musicline 5 years ago. Brilliant scripts, music , choreography and even digital scenery. This year we are doing What a Knight. Brilliant

4. hs9981

hs9981 Established commenter

The head has Ailurophobia.