1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Musical Licensing Companies

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Bellatrix, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Afternoon...
    Was just wondering if anyone knew of different musical licensing companies other than Joseph Weinberger? I've just had to use them to put on Sweeney Todd and was appalled at how many added extra fines / fees / postage costs they've added on. The rights and hire material have cost me over £1k for a tiny audience and a three night run. I'm looking to do Little Shop of Horrors next year, and I know they have that on their books, but would love to go with someone cheaper if possible - or am I just out of toucch and this is what it costs to put on a musical? (wish my school would let me just do plays!!)
    Thanks.

2. Depends what musical you put on.
    It's possible to put on a musical for £50 or less.

3. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New commenter

With my own musicals I just charge 5% of ticket costs, so that could be £0! You might think I'm silly but would rather people enjoyed performing them than charge the earth and take advantage of the fact that I simply can.
    One More Time! Music Publishing www.onemoretime.biz
    ("Arthur's Knights" and "Samson Power" musicals for KS2)