1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Music Workshop Songwriting

Discussion in 'Music' started by mad4music, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Hi I am running a workshop for young people creating a song 20 mins roughly 10 people not sure how to approach it - was thinking introduce each other listen to eample discuss what is needed in a song as group chose theme... then a bit stuck

2. Hi I am running a workshop for young people creating a song 20 mins roughly 10 people not sure how to approach it - was thinking introduce each other listen to eample discuss what is needed in a song as group chose theme... then a bit stuck

3. really having trouble following your post!. . . is the song to be 20 minutes long or the workshop? Are there 10 people on the workshop? Which young people are we talking about - young young or upper school types? Just not enought info to go on here. Is the workshop in a school or some other context? It all makes a difference.
    I did a morning on song writing at school with Year 7, 8 and 9 on different ocassions - however it took us 2.5 hours and in the end we created a group song with group words and everyone performing - but it was quite stressful co-ordinating.

4. its an interview workshop is 20 minutes ... 10 in group..mixed aged 14-18 not formal education