1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Music tour

Discussion in 'Music' started by Nojazz, Feb 13, 2012.

1. I am looking to take my choir on tour next year and am thinking about New York (if we can afford it). I have looked at a tour company called Sti . Has anyone used them or do you have any other recommendations either for company or good destination.
    Thanks

2. ineedsleep

ineedsleep New commenter

After trying a few companise I always use NST for my visits. They have never let me down and will be competetive on prices. If you tell them your budget they will try and find a way to help you stick to it. They seem like nice people too.
    INS

3. Thank you

4. Returned from NY yesterday after a five day choir tour. Wonderful experience for the students and some great concerts. Madison Avenue sculpture garden was great, but they have strict rules about repertoire. St Patrick's cathedral was good as was St Paul the Apostle at Central Park, which has the most amazing acoustic. We were made thoroughly welcome everywhere. We travelled with STS who were the cheapest, though I am not convinced we would use them again. They didn't really seem to have the knowledge and expertise you would hope for. Club Europe and Rayburn have always been reliable for me in the past.

5. I would definitely seek a quote from Voyager School Travel - they are a small company with a huge wealth of experience. In my experience they offer the most personalized service and great value for money.

6. We've always used Club Europe. They have always been excellent and very helpful. With them you get a guide and this takes away a lot of the pressure. Enjoy New York-it's great!