1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Music tour New York

Discussion in 'School trips' started by Nojazz, Feb 13, 2012.

1. I am thinking of taking a group of musicians to New York and am looking for recommendations for companies that anyone has used. If you can help I would be grateful.

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I have run several trips to the States (Chicago) but have always done it independently.

I suppose it depends what you want.

When I have got quotes from companies to do what I wanted to cover their price was usually at least 50% more than DIY.

If you want cheap and cheerful look out for Hostelling International places.
    Public transport in US cities is far better than over here. Are you carrying large instruments?

3. Hi
    Thanks for the reply. I was a bit nervous about a 'diy' tour but willing to look into it.
    I will only be carrying an electric keyboard and maybe some guitars. Thanks

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

If you are looking at DIY then I can recommend Trailfinders for getting you the best price on flights. They also do accomodation and can put together packages. Does it have to be NY?
    Check that your keyboard will run on US electric. Some areas use 110V

5. Thanks I will investigate Trailfinders. It doesn't have to be NY, just fancied a change from Europe and spending endless days on a coach to only have a few short days in resort. Thanks for the voltage tip.

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Chicago is the home of Jazz!

The youth hostel is about 3 blocks from Buddy Guy's jazz venue. I may also be able to fix you up with contacts so you get a chance to visit a High school or two and perhaps you could perform or jam there. That is if you visit in their school time.

pm me or you already have my email if you want to chat.

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Unless your username means you don't like jazz!

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Did you get the emails nojazz?

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

How's it going?