1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Music Tech Magazines-which one??????

Discussion in 'Music' started by cyberbell7, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Our music department at school is looking at subscribing to a Music Tech magazine to help us get up to and keep up to date with developments etc. Can anyone recommend any? The ones I've had recommended are:
    Sound on sound
    Music Tech Magazine
    Can views/opinions very greatly appreciated

2. Our music department at school is looking at subscribing to a Music Tech magazine to help us get up to and keep up to date with developments etc. Can anyone recommend any? The ones I've had recommended are:
    Sound on sound
    Music Tech Magazine
    Can views/opinions very greatly appreciated

3. We're subscribed to Sound on Sound, music staff and students alike utilise this.

4. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I think Sound on Sound continues to occupy an important position in this field.

5. I take sound on sound and have recently purchased their beginners guide to setting up a studio - it's really useful! I like the magazine too, which also has an inspiring video section.

6. https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/474616/6622559.aspx#6622559

I'd also check out the resources that Mike has offered. I've had him as a guest lecturer many times and he's really up to speed and regularly updates. I also have a member of my lecturing team that writes for Sound on Sound and has his own resources page which he updates all the time. I shall ask his permission to offer you a link, my students use his work all the time, and like Mike, he is brilliant at keeping up to speed.

7. pauljoecoe

pauljoecoe New commenter

Also with SOS you have internet access to their whole back catalogue - loads of good articles for the kids to research/read.

8. Thank you so much everybody your advice is greatly appreciated. Sound on sound is looking like the hot favourite

9. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

Heat or Take a Break.