1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Music Scheme of Work

Discussion in 'Music' started by larnie, Jan 18, 2012.

1. I know you've probably done your presentation etc but I use this site as a secondary teacher for some of my SOW and to get ideas etc. I just had a look and they have a ks2 section too...
    http://www.musicalcontexts.co.uk/index_files/page0001.htm

Hope this helps. Bel.

2. Hi there
    I am a Music Consultant - I was advised by ofsted to develop me Music scheme of work .........
    I was advised by the OfSTED team to develop my music scheme of work (which now is called `Interact`) .....
    ........to find out more about my work and how it can support your school: please visit my websites www.interactuk.net and www.primaryinteract.com read the teachers views and DVD clips

Jeana Hopkins

3. Thanks everyone.
    Jeana I will certainly have a look, thanks [​IMG]

4. Have you tried musical contexts? It is a subscription website from which you can use any of the resources and it includes all of the listening extracts etc.
    I use it in secondary, but there is a primary section.
    www.musicalcontexts.co.uk

5. Jolly music is the best scheme of work currently out there but it only goes up to year 3 at the moment and needs to be taught in sequence...other books in the pipeline i believe. It follows the Kodaly methods of teaching music which is very singing based. I recommend going on a Kodaly or Dalcroze course if you are interested more in teaching music well in school.

6. Hi nataliegoharriz.I'm late to this discussion, but any chance you could email me your SOW?
    Thanks.

jono@themusicroom.eclipse.co.uk

7. Hi johnnybegood or nataliegoharriz , also joining the discussion late, but could I please also have the SOW off you if it's possible! Would be much appreciated. Thanks ericasmith37@hotmail.co.uk

8. musiclover

musiclover New commenter

9. Hi there, I am also joining this conversation late and have the same issues with a music programme for our school. Could I please have a copy of the SOW fromjohnnybegood or nataliegoharriz. I'd be very grateful. Thanks, fionatracey83@hotmail.com

10. Hi Nataliegoharriz, Could I also bother you for a copy of your SoW too?
    I have just said that in my school improvement plan, I would re-write the music curriculum.
    Many thanks.
    Stuart Penman.
    spenman@woodlands.plymouth.sch.uk

11. Hi all, I am new to the forum but came across this topic thread. I am have similar issues with a music scheme at our school. I would really appreciate it if I could have a copy of the SOW fromjohnnybegood or nataliegoharriz. Thank you in advance!

lizzyosler@yahoo.co.uk

12. Hi have a look at this website www.interactuk.net for support, each module has its own planning and resources for your music lessons...

13. Hi have a look at this website www.interactuk.net for support, each module has its own planning and resources for your music lessons...

14. Would it be possible to get a copy of your scheme of work nataliegoharriz? I know how much work goes into these but I'm struggling to find any decent published resources. I would greatly appreciate any help you could provide.

My email is: stevehawke84@hotmail.com

15. Hi there nataliegoharriz! I am in a very similar position to some of the other posters on this thread. Do you think you would mind sharing your planning with me also? My email is: fionaoldham@virginmedia.com. Many thanks

16. Hi there, I'm currently struggling for a starting point as a music coordinator.. I would really appreciate it if I could have a copy of the SOW fromjohnnybegood or nataliegoharriz or both. Thank you in advance! My email in funky_sarahj@hotmail.com

17. Was wondering if anyone would also share there overviews and ideas? Could do with some help or a starting point. My email is mnewell3@icloud.com if any of the specalist music teachers would mind emailing through some ideas.

I really would like to provide something high quality and from someone with previous experience.

Thanks for this discussion as it has been helpful.x

18. As regards schemes of work, try looking on www.interactuk.net...founded by 2 Educational Music consultants....

19. Hi nataliegoharriz. I've just been given the additional role of music coordinator at my primary school and would absolutely love to see your plans too if you don't mind. The new curriculum is the perfect time to overhaul music in our school and I know the teachers would love to move away from music express as it is so rigid. Any ideas would be gratefully received as it seems like such a mammoth task right now. My email is antwaters@hotmail.co.uk. Thank you.

20. I can I suggest that you consider the Voices Foundation? Their methodology is to train in-school the class teachers. Their resources are particularly targetted to meet the demands of the curriculum in a progressive way. http://www.voices.org.uk/

I don't work for them, but did their 5 day training and use their resources.

Also look at the LCP scheme. I used it a lot in my early days, but now only dip in and out, along with other resources. Again it is progressive and provides a solid backbone for any scheme. The original version could be better in terms of musical literacy, but Voices Foundation could help there.

I hope that is helpful.