1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Music planning

Discussion in 'Music' started by skiingk8, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Our school are about to embark upon using a creative curriculum (with no scheme). I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on any flexible schemes for music planning KS2. Staff have already tried Music Express and LCP might not allow the flexibility. I want to give teachers some guidance on teaching the key skills but allow them to have some ownership over it. Any suggestions gratefully received.

2. brookey1970

brookey1970 New commenter

Doesn't it depend on your over-arching themes? If a 'creative' scheme were to be produced, it would be unlikely to tie in with your themes entirely. If you post your topic titles, I bet the creative devils who contribute to these forums would proffer a plethora of suggestions. Are you likely to be getting the Chris Quigley (or similar) creative curriculum materials? The most useful part of the CQ pack is the section on skills progression. My own view on music in the curriculum is that it is already creative and should not be shoe-horned into a theme that doesn't lend itself to integrated music (e.g. Roman Britain), though there are many occasions when it can work well (e.g.Machines or Carnival), or even be the theme focus in its own right (e.g. Carnival of the Animals).