1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Music in the classroom suggestions please??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Izzyapple, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Hi,

Would like some music in the classroom to use for different purposes.

Calming music for on entry...

Music to get changed to...

Tidy up Music...

Anybody got any suggestions or tracks they have used before which worked really well to save some time searching through itunes??

Would really appreciate your help.....go back next week and still loads to do...does it ever stop?

Thanks

Izzy X

2. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I used to play 'popcorn' for my year 3/4 class... as they were getting changed for PE, they loved it because the music was so fast and lively... the condition was that they HAD to be changed by the time the song finished or I wouldn't play it the next lesson. Worked every time! And was quite funny!

3. Thanks Lillipad...will look for that one.

Anymore anyone?

4. I love Dolly Parton's 9 to 5 for my tidy-up music!

5. My year 5/6s liked 'I love to Boogie' by T Rex. Found it particulary helpful when we had cutting out to do before an activity. They all managed to get all their pieces cut by the end of the track which meant they could then complete the learning activity rather than spend most of the session still cutting out...
    Have used it as a warm up in PE too.

6. Mission impossible is good for tidy up music and the benny hill theme tune also

7. miss may

miss may New commenter

There are some good tracks here with a timer for the IWB. My class love it.

http://classtools.net/education-games-php/timer

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Fabulous tool miss may, thank you! Now book marked for me and sent to my partner teacher!

9. miss may

miss may New commenter

No problem Minnie - glad you like!

10. Thanks everyone..keep em coming x

11. I have used the countdown track before for Numeracy questions and such like xx

12. I'm thinking of using either Human or Read My Mind by The Killers simply because I love 'em!