1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Music for The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by c0ldplay, May 18, 2008.

1. c0ldplay

c0ldplay New commenter

If you have the reception "music express" book there is a great song called, "Theres a tiny caterpillar on a leaf" which goes onto the caterpillar wriggling, munching, spinning its cocoon & then changing into a butterfly. There is also another song in the book which begins quietly & gradually becomes louder. I think this one is simply called "Caterpillar, caterpillar"
    Sorry this is a bit vague but both songs are very suitable for your book.

2. Ibuzzybea

Ibuzzybea Occasional commenter

Get some light material (chiffon is ideal but not essential). Use 'Morning' (Peer Gynt)by Grieg, children curl up in ball under the chiffon, they then hatch and wrap themself in the fabric and wiggle like a caterpillar. Then they wrap themself up in the fabric again this time standing up, then struggle to get out and then dance around using fabric as wings.
    Intially you will need to call out instructions but ou can augment this with large pictures/ symbols/ photos and then you can use this to cue children (you may neeed a little bell so children look at you)

3. pinky27

pinky27 New commenter

Thanks for the ideas - they are great! Cheers

4. If you send me your email address I have the hungry caterpillar but in a song version that I bought recently. Goes through the whole story but singing it, very cute and my children loved it,

5. Just for a giggle, there is always Mitch Benn's rock opera version in the style of the War of The Worlds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxbWfSXx9T8

6. Hello, I was wondering if you could possibly send me this song also,

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter

8. These masks might be useful to you.
    http://primarytreasurechest.com/images/stories/resources/Masks%20-%20Hungry%20Caterpillar.pdf

9. QuestionsQuestions

QuestionsQuestions New commenter

I always did 'There's a tiny caterpillar' from Music Express.