1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Music for the production of a Shakespeare Play

Discussion in 'Music' started by NewJob2010, May 6, 2011.

1. NewJob2010

NewJob2010 New commenter

Hi everyone,
    My school (ks2) are doing a production of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' in the summer and i'd like some music to give it a bit of a modern twist if anyone has any ideas?
    I need some magical forest/ magical fairy music...?
    And some happy reunited lovers music for the ending..? Anyone any creative ideas?? Thank you greatly, xx

2. TreesK

TreesK New commenter

3. Hi,

we did this play last term and set it in the 60's so I got a small band and a singer together and they performed songs such as Town Called Malice, Hey, Hey We're the Monkees, Daydream Believer etc.

I have a list somewhere with the songs and the cues for them if you are interested, but I guess it also depends on what the drama department wants to do.

4. NewJob2010

NewJob2010 New commenter

Thanks venustromster,
    I work in a primary school so we dont have a drama department so it goes to those who are interested and in my school that is....erm.... me!!! [​IMG]

x

5. Aw well, didn't think about it being a Primary school, hope you get something sorted. [​IMG]

6. My daughter's Primary school are doing an adaptation of Midsummer Night's Dream called 'Dream On'. Think it's by Malcom Sircom and has backing tracks if needed. It's available in Junior or Senior versions. Hope this helps.