1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Music for Secondary and Post 16 ASD Students, help needed

Discussion in 'Music' started by JuditinL, Apr 15, 2011.

1. I'm looking for music for students on the more severe end of ASD that's age appropriate.
    I got a couple of CDs from the school's music co-ordinator but that's for younger kids. (And you must be seriously high to go along with it.)
    I looked around on YouTube... But I'd like to find them something relevant, age appropriate where they don't learn things like shaking one's bits to the others face.
    Thanks in advance for every suggestions!

2. I'm looking for music for students on the more severe end of ASD that's age appropriate.
    I got a couple of CDs from the school's music co-ordinator but that's for younger kids. (And you must be seriously high to go along with it.)
    I looked around on YouTube... But I'd like to find them something relevant, age appropriate where they don't learn things like shaking one's bits to the others face.
    Thanks in advance for every suggestions!

3. v12

v12

Steve Reich: Drumming. At full tilt!
    Berio: Labyrinth
    Maxwell Davies: Eight Songs for a Mad King.

All very different - all very engaging.