1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MUSIC FOR ALL LESSONS

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jo_south_yorks, Feb 15, 2011.

1. is it possible to get karaoke versions of those artists?
    JSY x

2. For goodness sake, give the kids music to inspire not suicidal modern trash. Why modern?
    What is wrong with popular classics, jazz, show music. Teach them something new! Give them real instrumentalists not Karaoke, how crass

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

I'm not going to rant like the next poster did but why necessarily modern? We are cheating our children out of one of the glories of our civilisation if we deny them exposure to classical music.

4. hpblossom

hpblossom New commenter

I prefer silence myself.

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

I tend to agree on the whole. If I don't like the music I don't want it imposed on me and, if I love it, it's a distraction.

6. My class like Einaudi music- calming, background, and they can work well to it.

7. If the music is really a substitute timer, and not the focus of the lesson, whatever you choose I think it must be subservient to the lesson and not become a distraction.

8. I like all music. I do not understand why children have to listen to classical music to be cultured. If you only ever play classical, jazz, muscials etc there is a whole world of music that you are closing off to your children.
    This week I have bought the new Adele album and the best of Eva Cassidy. They are not instumentals but the children enjoy them and they are calming.
    My children also like some of the movie theme tunes such as gladiator or braveheart etc.
    I teach year 5. The children also like Sting with the Philarmonic orchestra.

9. Used the flight of the bumblebee for tidy up time with R/Yr 1 - they actually got quicker and didnt need the whole 2 minutes after a few weeks! Not sure this is what you mean, but it worked wonders!!
    Also just google relaxation music/accelerated learning music for Big Write/relaxation sessions - there is a 7 minute piece which works perfectly for a paired relaxation massage session.

10. Glen Miller or Scott Joplin are great for tidy up music.
    I used soe Aaron Copeland (Greensleeves) the other day for something still. It worked well.
    Also have a classical (bit of a misnomer) "chill out" album which has good tracks from Jean Michele Jarre - e.g. Oxygenne

SP

11. Is that even legal?