1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Music festival and choir for Year 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by akrimil, Jan 2, 2012.

1. I was given music as my co-ordinator subject in September but I really don't have a music bone in my body and my knowledge is very limited/ non- existent. The Head has asked me to enter a music festival this year with some of our students. However I don't have a clue what kind of song to pick to teach the children. I've looked at Disney songs and ones from musicals and bugsy malone, however I think these might be a little complicated for KS1.

I would be grateful for any suggestions and I'm really struggling and need to pick a song soon as I need to start teaching it to them asap.

Thanks in advance

2. porker

porker New commenter

Have a look at the singup website. Lots of songs on there with downloadable backing tracks and lyrics. (Free to register).

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Look on the singup website. Lots there, with all kinds of accompaniments and the words all done for you.