1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Music area ideas

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by laurapie, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Hiya,
    I am looking for exciting ideas for my music area, I am in Nursery and my kids have loved it this half term and I want to continue after the holidays but am running out of ideas! So far I have had, varieties of bells and shakers, different sized and sounding xylphones, childrens homemade shakers and finally a big selection of different instruments aquired fron the music room! Any suggestions gratefully recieved!
    Thanks
    x

2. Hiya,
    I am looking for exciting ideas for my music area, I am in Nursery and my kids have loved it this half term and I want to continue after the holidays but am running out of ideas! So far I have had, varieties of bells and shakers, different sized and sounding xylphones, childrens homemade shakers and finally a big selection of different instruments aquired fron the music room! Any suggestions gratefully recieved!
    Thanks
    x

3. Hi I've recently just done the same, would love to share my ideas hope they help!
    First I covered the table with musical note paper, we did classical composers we started off with Mozart because he composed twinkle twinkle little star so I put a picture of him in a frame and triangles on the table with a cd player with his music on a cd, we then for our next steps did other composers Beethoven, Bach, Chopin.
    We have done instruments around the world, I've recorded the children singing their favourite songs then put them on the cd player with favourite instruments, you could have guitars? Or make some with a shoe box and rubber bands, pictures of things like a duck,banana,spider,sausages,etc with a sign sayin what song can we sing that matches the picture? Keyboards play like Mozart, D is for drum, B is for bells, finger symbols made with metal tin lids, nature use nature to make music sticks, crunchy leaves, stones,pine cones etc. Paint/draw to music how does it make you feel? Glass jars filled with different levels of water hit with spoons (may have to be a controlled activity, or student watched) know it's not musical but we change it for quiet time and have story CDs with headphones hope I was of help :-D

4. Wow! Some lovely ideas, I really like the bottles and water idea, and the shoe box guitars - remember doing that as a kid! I hadn't thought about a CD player! Sometimes you cant see the wood for the trees!
    Thanks so much x