1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Music and Enterprise

Discussion in 'Music' started by mystique_scarlet2006, Jan 28, 2012.

1. I am the PSHCE and Enterprise Co-Ordinator for an 11-16 all girls school in a deprive suburb of Birmingham

As part of my role, my SMT has asked me to run and co-ordinate an Enterprise Week across the whole school. The main aim would be to promote Enterprise opportunities as well as making links between Enterprise and curriculum based subjects.

I was just wondering if anyone had any creative or unusual ideas of links I could make between Enterprise and Music as part of a lesson? I am hoping to provide some suggested lesson ideas that teachers could use through the week, and any ideas would be GREATLY appreicated!!!!

2. Get the children to plan their own musical event that could take place in school. It could be for example an X factor style competition, a music festival, a classical concert - leave it up to them to decide. Then get them to consider what would be involved in organising the event: from how much to charge for tickets, what costs would be involved, how many tickets they would need to make a profit, how could they make more money from the event (selling merchandise, refreshments etc.) they could design promotional material, decide how acts would be chosen etc. the list is endless. It might even be possible to stage the best proposal at a later stage with the help of those involved in the activity. I've done this in the past and the children loved it!

3. bod99

bod99 New commenter

or produce a school CD. Many same ideas as above. Don't forget the license fee!