1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Music and ECM

Discussion in 'Music' started by englishteach101, Mar 11, 2011.

1. englishteach101

englishteach101 Occasional commenter

Hi all,
    I'm doing my GTP and am writing an assignment on ECM. I am aware of what my school does, but am interested on what Music departments either offer or are requested to get involved in under the banner or ECM?
    Would be keen to hear of any events or clubs you run that is considered to have a direct impact on your school's commitment to ECM.
    Thanks in advance!
    S

2. erp77

erp77 New commenter

The ECM agenda doesn't exist any more does it?

3. englishteach101

englishteach101 Occasional commenter

Not in so many words, but the principles behind it are still there

4. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

ECM-can you enlighten me as to what this is Sam? I'm guessing at Extra Curr. Music - is this from a class music teacher's point of view or a music instructor's?

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Every Child Matters

6. Things already in place in the school I work in impact on music provision e.g. any child eligible (even if not taking) free school meals is exempted from charges for instrumental tuition. Also the inclusion budget has funded some 'workshops' in after school provision. Extra curricular is only one area. In the curriculum differentiation for different abilities, needs and learning style preferences also link to ECM. Our management has also extended the concept to 'Everyone Matters' ...

7. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Thanks Marlin!
    Exemption from instrumental tuition fees in place for quite a few of our pupils (parents low pay or disabled and on benefit), some funding for after school transport also, but we don't have any extra-cur. music now - only homework clubs and sports.