1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Muse lovers thread

Discussion in 'Personal' started by msmuse, Mar 17, 2012.

1. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Oh!
    I am far from a teenager and I dont make a habit of swearing! I just am quite passionate about muse and their music - and to be honest i dont understand anyone who doesn't go mad for (any) music!!

2. I like Muse as well, introduced to them by my husband who is a big fan and went to see them at the Eden project!

3. I am a fan. I absolutely love their version of "Can't Take My Eyes Off You"

Never been to a concert, although I am sure I could persuade son to accompany me...

4. I too was introduced to Muse by my teenage kids about 9 years ago. have seen them many times and would urge anyone who is a fan to go and see them live because they are awesome. Despite having seen them at Wembley stadium twice I am envious of the Eden gig. We only found out about it too late to get tickets. For my 50th birthday present a few years ago my kids bought me a ticket for the Isle of Wight Festival - they were superb and - dare I say it - better than the Stones who played the Sunday.

5. This could be a whole new thread, but do you not often find that your kids introduce you to music? Mine will constantly come up with some new stuff, which I love.

They also love some of my stuff!

6. 30 seconds are fantastic. Am way too old to confess I am also a My Chemical Romance and Green Day fan in public. My kids introduced me to Nirvana and The Lemonheads - something slightly askew there....
    Plug in Baby - ultimate Muse.

7. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

MCR and Green Day - me too!! And Foo Fighters [​IMG] Plug in Baby - I hated it when I first heard it back in my learning to love Muse days, but I adore it now. Butterflies and Hurricanes, SMBH.... wonderful.

8. sparklyeyes

sparklyeyes New commenter

I saw Muse at a free concert in Heaton Park, Manchester many years ago. I had a really good day watching them and others, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't like them now. Sorry.

9. I like a few songs, but they grate after a while- Tom Yorke vocals without the emotion , Queen bombast with Nirvana crunch.And nowhere near as good as their influences. But I suppose the blend is original, and highly successful.

10. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

Milly Molly - I like all the bands you listed and I am also decrepit (33 [​IMG])

Muse are brill - I particularly love Supermassive Black Hole, and often pretend I am playing bass as I listen to it when I walk into town. This makes me look daft.

11. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Thats OK! Each to our own as they say! I suppose my love of them will wane over the years, it's kind of inevitable that that happens when we get older and our tastes change. Can't imagine that just yet though.

12. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

One of my absolute favourites despite the Twilight influence! It is amazing live [​IMG]. What about United States of Eurasia? Amazing live also.

13. Muse are the great band in the whole entire world. But I mighht be obsessed.
    At the end of year 9 pupils in music get to choose their own groups, songs and instruments and I tell them if they choose a Muse song they get a better level. If they choose a Justin Bieber or Westlife song then they get a worse level. As I'm assessing them it could come across as favouritism but I don't care, it's Muse!

14. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Oh dear

15. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Mmmm, I think that was a jokey comment to be fair. As much as I love Muse I think my results would dip remarkably if I said that! Is anyone here registered with muse.mu?