1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Muscat again

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by iknowjack, Feb 14, 2011.

1. really confused as to why this thread has been cut twice. All i want to know is whether a family can survive in Muscat on one salary or do they both need to work. Not mentioning any school by name but it very much involves staying British!

2. You did name it in your previous thread - someone from the school has seen it and asked the TES to remove it. Simple as that. Were there any negative comments in response? That would have cut it.
    Without naming the school, I know of two schools in Muscat with good reps and I think the one you are asking about is one of them. Pretty sure an ex-colleague of mine is there and very happy. If you PM me it means I have to facebook her and I would rather not, dizzy trout that she is. Good teacher though..
    Let's see if this thread stays on first, eh?

3. tica

tica New commenter

You've probably read all the threads that tell you how great Oman is especially for families - it's all true. On one teacher's salary you will survive but you aren't going to save anything. When we worked in Muscat (not in the school you are talking about) it was all teaching couples and singles - no-one had a dependent spouse as work is difficult to find for non-teachers.