1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mum's bought me a present...from Lakeland.....it's.....

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Bethannie, May 8, 2011.

1. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

"I've bought you a present beth!"
    "Oooooh Mum you shouldn't have!...but I'm not complaining...presents are good!....what is it?"
    "It's from Lakeland...."
    "YES!"
    (beth's imagination kicks into overdrive...what has Mum bought for her?.....it's not beth's birthday or anything, so probably not going to be the posh soup maker/blender thingy....maybe a new pan? I <u>was</u> drooling over one...but they are expensive?...)
    "BETH! are you listening to me?"
    "Sorry....go on tell me...what have you bought me?"
    "It's only little...but I think you'll enjoy it....it's...............an ice-lolly maker!...I'll bring it to you when I come over with the rice-pudding...it's a good one! It's got this thing that stops any drips!"

And the sad thing is........not that Mum thinks that a lolly-maker is the ideal gift for someone who is almost 50.....but that I'm actually excited! I'm planning on lovely joghurt lollies with fruity chunks...and simple fruit juice lollies...and maybe if I can get the recipe for mum's special lemon and ginger drink I could freeze some lollies from that too!...It's like being a kid again!

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I bought the lolly maker last year (OH has two younger children). Just a word of warning. It's very good at fruit lollies but yoghurt and milk based lollies stick really hard in the lolly maker.
    The lemon and ginger sounds fab! Please post recipe on here if you get it.
    I'd like to try Pimms lollies!

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I haven't had a problem with milk based ones in mine but haven't tried yoghurt based..
    Recipe for very, very chocolatey lollies:
    1 pt of full fat milk
    100g bar of dark choc
    2 tbsps of granulated sugar
    Melt the dark choc and mix into the milk. Put the sugar in a pan with 2 tsps of water. Heat until it caramelises, swirl it rather than stir it. Go as dark as you dare without burning the sugar. Pour straight into the chocolate milk stirring quickly.
    Pour into lolly maker and freeze - delicious and they taste much naughtier than they really are. When the melt they can make a right mess though. I used to dress my little niece in a bin bag to eat hers. I made holes for her head and arms and then her clothes were completely covered.

4. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

I just puree fruits such as mangoes or peaches etc and mix with a little pineapple of orange juice for healthy lollies for C and I. He isn't keen on yoyurty ones.

5. No Lakeland lollymaker, but my noname lollymaker is in 365 Einsatz!
    Lots of pureed fruits - or sometimes yoghurt ones, as my kids like them. As a very special treat, we sometimes freeze cola.

6. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I'm told that instant whip style puddings make great lollies.
    Clearly I'm not recommending that, but I like the idea of whipped up ... stuff... freezing into lollies with little bubbles in them!

7. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

*Wanders off to retrieve the Angel delight sachets from the back of the cupboard