1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mumbai schools

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by exexpat, Feb 11, 2008.

1. It seems my last post about a specific school in Mumbai has been deleted, even without mentioning the name. Someone is out to stop me - one guess who.

If you are considering moving to Mumbai to work specificaly in a school, be careful about which school is offering you a position.

There is a very bad school in Mumbai that is very bad to work at.

Take it from me.

Feel free to ask me questions about which one it is but be careful not to mention the name.

2. It seems my last post about a specific school in Mumbai has been deleted, even without mentioning the name. Someone is out to stop me - one guess who.

If you are considering moving to Mumbai to work specificaly in a school, be careful about which school is offering you a position.

There is a very bad school in Mumbai that is very bad to work at.

Take it from me.

Feel free to ask me questions about which one it is but be careful not to mention the name.

3. Thanks for sharing this as I was offered a job in a school in Mumbai recently at the SA jobfair in London. I turned it down as I can now see was the right thing to do. Was offered jobs also in Thailand which is far cleaner and less issues. Not exactly sure which school you were at, but the geezers interviewing me just didn't sell the place very well.

4. Forgot to mention I also have a friend who was offered work in India, not a teacher. What is it like to live there? I hear rental prices are astronomical.

5. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

India is a vast country. Rental prices vary enormously. Mumbai rents are probably the highest.

6. Anyone know anything about a school with the same name as a glitzy mall?

7. Hi exexpat, have sent you a personal message about schools in Mumbai. Can you please reply if you have the time?