1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

mum tums/jelly bellies!!!!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by kittenjames, May 23, 2011.

1. kittenjames

kittenjames New commenter

Ah well done on the half marathon mossop! I did one a couple of years ago and it's a massive buzz isn't it? I may start running again but just don't want to injure myself. Did any of you with more mobile babies find the weight began to go as they got older? Listen to me ...trying to find the easy option! ;-)

2. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Should have thought you'd be ok to run by now, some of the famous mums with trainers run staright away as apparently good after CS, yes I wish I had their nannies trainers etc!I d!id sit ups after, it's ok, but will never have a flat tum again, but then mine was an emergency CS, don't know if that makes a difference.

Still, as long as I exercise so I'm healthy, wgo cares if my tum looks as it used to, if the CS saved my baby's life I don't care !

3. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

lol don't blame you! I found when i stopped the pill my weight came off more easily. I'd started taking it when my son was 4 months as i was formula feeding totally then and now looking back i can see that's when my weight loss slowed down despite all the exercise. I stopped taking it just before he was 1 to get my cycles back to normal and that's when i lost weight quickly. Plus he started walking at 12 months so i had to chase after him!!
    I'm hoping breastfeeding will get me slim but somehow doubt that! I'll be one of those women who put on weight doing it!

4. My tummy reminds me of an elephant. Don't ask why, it's something to do with the strecth marks I think!
    I started far too late to thinking about losing weight - LO is 10months and when he was 6months I went back to Weightwatchers. I find it hard to get time or babysitter for exercise so resort mostly to prampushing. There are some towns with buggy workouts - i'd love that i think.

Not wanting to hijack your thread, KJ, but Congratulations, chica on the little girl! Am I right in thinking you had trouble BFing your first child? I only ask beccause I gave up after 3 weeks because little man lost too much weight, and I'm pleased to hear things are going well 2nd time round. Please ignore this if I've mixed you up with someone else!![​IMG]

5. kittenjames

kittenjames New commenter

Mine was emergency c too, I don't think it makes a difference unless the reasons it was an emergency c were ongoing. I don't expect my tummy to look like it did (it wasn't that great before!) I just want to shift some extra weight and wanted to find out what others do that works. Plus I don't fit in my old clothes and can't afford to buy new ones.

6. My LO is 16 months old and, despite being half a stone lighter than I was before getting pregnant, the jelly belly is still there! [​IMG] It's annoying because I'm quite tall and appear to have lost the weight off my shoulders and arms, so look skinny, apart from my stomach. I Zumba once a week and walk quite a bit, so guess the only way to get rid is stomach crunches or something. Grrrr....
    The weight will probably drop off you over time- especially when LO starts getting mobile! x

7. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

It was me, and thanks for the congrats! I am BFing this time but it is hard work and i'm constantly glued to the sofa and am just hoping she gets faster at it by the time my husband's back at work (he has 4 weeks off in total) or i will have to formula feed while he's at work as my son is nearly 2 and I need to look after him which i can't do with a baby permanently attached to me!
    I went to a buggy fit class and it was really good, but the nearest one is a few miles away and you can only get there by driving (it's miles from the nearest station) and I didn't want to spend loads of money on petrol.
    I just used to fit my gym visits round my husband's shifts so went in the morning when he was lates and in the late afternoon when he was on earlies, and when I went back to work I was part time so had to go on my days off and the weekend when he was working lates. I don't think i'll be managing 5 times a week with 2 kids though so I am doomed to look like a huge whale for even longer [​IMG] On the plus side with a baby and a toddler I doubt i'll have time to eat!

8. do NOT do any situps until you have been checked by staff at the gym - if you haven't gone back (think its stomach muscle overstretch or something) you can do damage!! LO is 17 months and i'm finally within 4kg of my goal but the granny skin is still there...sooo gross!! I'm gymming it 4 times a week and have cut down on calorie intake (well most days........) found a packet of maltesters today though so that didn't last long! we WILL all get there.....just taking longer than i'd like! x

9. I;d be very carful with sit ups and a c-section scar, if it hurts or feels wrong- stop.
    I have lost most of my weight by carrying baby in sling and going for lots of walks. I planned to do lots of exercise DVDs when 'baby was alseep' when I was pregnant. HA! I think, I breastfeeding helped me as well.
    My stomach isn't massive- but it isn't flat and wobbles, a lot of my pre-preg clothes don't flatter it so am having to get a more flattering wardrobe. I don't think anything will make it look as flat as it was but I don't look too bad... and my legs have less cellulite and are slimmer than before I was preggers.... They aren't amazing- still short and chunky, but less wobbly! All down to sling walking.

10. I go to the gym or run outside. I've 16 month old and one 2 year ol. I've always been a fitness freak. I was back in the gym 3 weeks after babs 1 was born and 2 weeks after babs 2. I usually exercise when both have gone to bed around 7 o clock. The gym is open till 11 so I know i'll still be able to continue when I return to work and have to plan. I'm only interested in corrie on the telly so I get OH to tape it for me. I gained 2 stone after the birth and it is coming off slowly. I'd rather it came off slowly than not at all! Exercise is the only way as I like food and don't diet!