1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

multiple interviews

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Oct 15, 2010.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bump this informative thread . . .

2. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

Bump....
    I am wondering what would be fair in temporary or maternity cover roles?
    Example, you are offered a maternity leave cover for what the school estimate as 6 months (although as ever this can be less if the post holder returns sooner). e.g. September to March. You secure a job in a different school from January to July. Is it fair to hand in your notice and leave in January for this new job.
    I know that mat covers tend to say 4 weeks notice etc or maybe less but would a school make your name mud if you gave notice to leave earlier than the return of the post holder?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Resigning within your contractual timespan is no problem. It is different from accepting a job then turning it down a week later.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars
    I am timetabled for the October 8th Moving into SLT or Headship seminars, and the October 22nd Win that teaching job seminars - see you there!