1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Multilingual Month Assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jameskinneir, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Hi,

I've been asked to do an assembly for both KS1 and 2 for Multilingual Month. I was wondering if anyone has ideas or resources for this they could offer or point me in the direction of any websites that might offer some ideas.

I'm pulling ym hair out here trying to come up with some ideas!

Thanks

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. marlin

Still got some hair? Not all pulled out in frustration I hope!
    I've found this school site (there was a link to this on the multiverse site - but this is the direct link) which has some really good resources on it:
    http://www.newburypark.redbridge.sch.uk/langofmonth/index.html
    Have a good look around the site as there's lots of useful information and resources. If you download the Activities Pack there's a list of useful websites towards the end too.
    From the link I posted yesterday(multiverse) have a look at the March is Multilingual document - this has interesting information for you as a teacher, rather than resources for the children to use. It also has useful weblinks.
    Good luck - Bonne Chance! - (That's as far as my multilingual skills go! [​IMG])

4. marlin

Sorry - should read March is Multilingual Month - it is by Fahro Malik