1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Muhammad and Islam KS2

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by mr_free_sat, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Thank you for taking the time to write this, there are some excellent ideas ill use!

2. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

With my y7s last year we looked at the life of Muhammad. I got the resource from a RE specific resource book but it is easy enough to make yourself.
    We read the story of the life of Muhammad and did a darts activity underlining names of people and names of places. Then we did a mood chart for his life. Similar to a line graph but the bottom axis has events on and the side axis has moods from very unhappy - very happy. The pupils have to put a 'smiley' face at the mood they feel is right for that event. It can lead to some discussion on how things in his life affected him and what different feelings he could have had.
    There was also a cartoon film made showing his life but never showing him - everything is shown through his eyes. I can't remember what it is called but I managed to get it off youtube. Could be useful for a few clips?
    I also asked my pupils to do a storyboard of his life never showing him - so either as though he was looking at things or with various images to represent his life at the time.