1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Muddled up

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Doglover, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Some of you know I suffer from depression/anxiety and OCD.
    My OCD often comes in the form of intrusive thoughts.
    I haven't been all that well at times over the past 2 years, if I am honest, but just recently I sometimes am having a really hard time with my perception of things.
    At the moment, I am in a situation where I think have upset someone, but I don't know how. I am pretty sure I haven't done anything to upset them, but I have decided that a person (I have no idea who) is turning the person against me.
    In my rational moments I know this is probably not the case, and there is probably a very good reason why the person is being the way they are, in fact not just probably, I am certain of it.
    At other times however, I am sure there is a huddle of people out to get me and I cannot think of a rational reason why, although maybe there is something I have done that I don't know about.
    I am pretty exhausted by feeling this way and I know it may be in part a symptom of the anxiety I am feeling about going on holiday this week.
    Sometimes I wish I could clear my head, or take it off and set it aside, so I could have a rest. I don't even get rid of these thoughts when I am asleep, as my dreams are pretty much full of situations like this at the moment.
    I wish I could just think a little more clearly, and understand what it id going on a bit more.

2. Some of you know I suffer from depression/anxiety and OCD.
    My OCD often comes in the form of intrusive thoughts.
    I haven't been all that well at times over the past 2 years, if I am honest, but just recently I sometimes am having a really hard time with my perception of things.
    At the moment, I am in a situation where I think have upset someone, but I don't know how. I am pretty sure I haven't done anything to upset them, but I have decided that a person (I have no idea who) is turning the person against me.
    In my rational moments I know this is probably not the case, and there is probably a very good reason why the person is being the way they are, in fact not just probably, I am certain of it.
    At other times however, I am sure there is a huddle of people out to get me and I cannot think of a rational reason why, although maybe there is something I have done that I don't know about.
    I am pretty exhausted by feeling this way and I know it may be in part a symptom of the anxiety I am feeling about going on holiday this week.
    Sometimes I wish I could clear my head, or take it off and set it aside, so I could have a rest. I don't even get rid of these thoughts when I am asleep, as my dreams are pretty much full of situations like this at the moment.
    I wish I could just think a little more clearly, and understand what it id going on a bit more.

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Doglover, take it easy.
    It's late at night and I hope you're sound asleep as I write this.
    xxx

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

But God bless either way.

xxx

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

You're a lovely person, sweetheart. Just keep reminding yourself of that.

6. Thank you, Inky.

7. Yes, you are a nice person and I think you're experiencing a bit of paranoia. As Inky said, take it easy, and try to give yourself a break.

8. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

^^^ wot she said

9. Thanks - I am not even sure that what I am worrying about is even all that important, anyway, but I cannot even seem to think straight about it.

10. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Things always seem worse after midnight. It's probably not all that important, but it's easy to get tangled into knots over things.I hope you feel a bit brighter this morning. Make yourself a stonkingly good mug of hot chocolate: never fails to raise the spirits. xx

11. From me, too. x

12. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

Doglover, I know you get more stressed than usual just before you go holiday, so maybe that is making things worse for you.
    I wish I could take your head off you so you could get some well deserved rest, but sadly it's well and truly attached to your body.
    Try not to worry too much, life will continue no matter how much worrying you do.
    Take care xxxx

13. Is there any way you could find out if the person is upset about something? Could you ask them?
    Or have a chat along the lines that our in your OP?
    It might reassure you - to speak about it.
    I dont like going on holiday either ...... so your sharing this has helped me know that I am not alone.
    Stress is a bl dy nusance at times, so try not to dwell too much.
    ......... think about Christmas or something ........
    or new recipes ...... anything to divert your mind.
    All the best and look after yourself

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

A wee present....
    [​IMG]

15. Thanks all - feeling a little bit better this afternoon.
    I appreciate everything you have all said.

16. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Distraction?
    xxx

17. acertainsomething

acertainsomething Occasional commenter

Problem with anxiety is the more we think about it the more anxious we get. Glad you are feeling better DL

18. Distraction only takes it away temporarily though. To ease it you need to think about the anxiety and try to put it in perspective.
    I think I have managed to put a little bit of persepctive of on things.
    I also know that my forthcoming holiday is causing me to be more anxious than normal (if that's possible, lol).

19. As you're not sleeping well, exhaustion will make you feel even worse. Do take care, and be reassured that your anxiety will ease somewhat eventually.