1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ms Birbalsingh (Michaela) on Woman' Hour today.

Discussion in 'Education news' started by meggyd, May 19, 2020.

1. meggyd

meggyd Lead commenter

I have just listened to this. Ms Birbalsingh was speaking about headteachers' problems and lack of info with regard to reopening schools. She was fairly dismissive about the parents and pupils in her school suggesting that they had no knowledge or understanding of the current situation, so much much so that the presenter had to correct her and say that applied to only some parents. She was vague and incoherent at times and did not inspire confidence as a school leader. I do not live in Brent but I know the area. She did not represent her school in a positive way.

2. BigFrankEM

BigFrankEM Established commenter

So?

What's new to discuss about her?

JL48, Jolly_Roger15 and thin_ice like this.
  3. thin_ice

thin_ice Occasional commenter

Obviously didn’t have the comfort blanket of sound bites and well rehearsed tunnel vision.
    Now and again she’s ok, but in general: a self publicising edu-celebrity.

4. BigFrankEM

BigFrankEM Established commenter

From what you write, you certainly seem to have a much higher opinion of her than have I.

JL48 and ridleyrumpus like this.
  5. thin_ice

thin_ice Occasional commenter

Heh heh.

The mods are keeping an eye on me at the moment.

JL48 likes this.
  6. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Surely all her staff are in a union-and haven't the NEU said teachers shouldn't return? If she doesn't like them, how about the BMA, who also suggest it's unsafe to return.