1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MS Access Report and Option Group Question

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by relish, Jan 9, 2012.

1. relish

relish New commenter

I would very much apprecaite some help with the following - I have googled but not been able to find the answer.
    How can I replace the numeric value generated from an option group to text in a report?
    Thank-you

2. relish

relish New commenter

I would very much apprecaite some help with the following - I have googled but not been able to find the answer.
    How can I replace the numeric value generated from an option group to text in a report?
    Thank-you

3. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

Do you mean that you want to replace it with some text?
    If so, I would probably use a combo-box (are they called list boxes in Access?) - you can either put the values and their corresponding descriptions in a table, or just type in the text you want to display. You'd have two columns, the first would contain the number, and would have a width of 0, and the second would display the text.

4. What do you mean ? Are you talking about the type in Access, or do you mean you want it displayed as ONE, TWO, or something like that ?

5. relish

relish New commenter

Hello I have used the Option Group Wizard in a form - a condition of this control is that the data is storred in a numeric field, eg 1=male or 2=female. When I run a report I want these values changed to the text eg male or female.
    Hope this is clearer. Thanks for your help so far

6. relish

relish New commenter

Solved - thank goodness I will be able to sleep :)
    On the report I created an unbounded control and typed in the following into its control source using the expression builder:
    =Choose([OptionGroupName],"option1","option2","option3")
    Thanks for the help though.