1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mrs Blazer's new hobby

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Dec 5, 2011.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Fruity alcohol.

This year she has made:
    Christmas Vodka
    Raspberry Vodka
    Sloe Gin
    Bramble Brandy

Best yet though is after she has strained the fruit from the booze she then cooks with the fruit. Her Vodka fruit cake will fail a breathalyser after 2 slices! I am just about to tuck into an apple and blackberry crumble made with the brandy soaked blackberries! I can't wait for the raspberry fool!

2. We are literally swimming in sloe gin here after my dad went a bit OTT with his sloe picking this year. "It would be a shame to waste them", he said, and trotted off to the supermarket to buy some gin. He came back an hour later with about 10 litres of Morrison's own brand cheapo gin and spent a happy afternoon mixing the sloes in.
    I was cross because I was thinking of all the clubcard points I could have had if he had gone to Tesco to get his gin! Why don't men think of these things? The gin was the same price!