1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mr Pragmatic - are you still around?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by byronipuss, Jun 21, 2011.

1. I have only just discovered your words of wisdom and would love to tell you about some little darlings in year 6 who think they own the place - and, in a way, they do. Seeing as no-one in SMT is brave enough to deal with the charming little chaps, the rest of us have to put up with utter rubbish behaviour.

Your postings seem to be dated two or three years ago - or am I looking in the wrong place?

:D

2. I have only just discovered your words of wisdom and would love to tell you about some little darlings in year 6 who think they own the place - and, in a way, they do. Seeing as no-one in SMT is brave enough to deal with the charming little chaps, the rest of us have to put up with utter rubbish behaviour.

Your postings seem to be dated two or three years ago - or am I looking in the wrong place?

:D

3. MrPragmatic

MrPragmatic New commenter

Mr. P is always here. I've been plugging my latest book (Cattle *** in the 21st century classroom) for the last couple of years, but look in on you mortals from time to time to share my advice.
    Just like tigers, students of all ages tend to be very brave when in packs, but less so individually. Rather than trying to tackle all of them at once, pick individuals for a conversation along the lines of, "You're quite the entertainer. If you choose to continue to talk over me, I'll be inviting your parents in, and you can show them how cool you are". The first opportunity that presents itself, start filling the whiteboard with names, then call all the parents the same day. You'll feel 10x better once you've shared your concerns, and suggested to the parents that you'd like Billy to come in and complete his work the following lunchtime.
    To this day, I don't like it when the head calls my parents to say I used the geography photocopier code instead of my own.