1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

mp3 or iPod?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gergil4, May 29, 2011.

1. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

Having taken to the joys of running/walking I've decided to listen to music at the same time. So, mp3 or iPod? I'm really not into technology, don't have time for loads of apps/games so I need something fairly straight forward. Any suggestions, including makes/models would be much appreciated. Thank you.

2. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

I've got a Sansa Fuse
    http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&xhr=t&q=sansa+fuze&cp=7&pq=liquid+inside+energy+saving+bulbs&rlz=1R2SUNC_enGB361&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1003&bih=527&wrapid=tljp1306789094343315&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15292198524344861119&sa=X&ei=hQrkTenEBY2yhAenmeTpBw&sqi=2&ved=0CHMQ8wIwBA#
    Which looks and behaves just like an I pod but is cheaper! The only thing I hate about it is that it has that Ipod style wheel navigation- I broke my thumb years ago so circular motion is difficult but nobody else seems to mind this.

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I bought this for a friend and she loves it. I wouldn't bother with an ipod personally (and i have an iPhone so definately not against Apple)
    If you do decided to get an iPod I'd still buy and music on CD or off Amazon as iTunes protect their music to only play on a set number of computers/players and it won't work on some non apple devices. x

4. I too have one of these and agree with all of the above. I listen to the radio on it a lot, it stores shed loads of music and the charge lasts for ages. Also fairly cheap. Would buy another tomorrow if anything happened to it.

5. the evil tokoloshe

the evil tokoloshe New commenter

There is an easy if slightly laborious way around this. Burn the itunes that you have paid for to a music CD, then import to any other device (or itunes itself) from the CD. So much for security! Then again, to copy everything on your ipod as a back up, connect it to any computer as a hard drive, view hidden files and folders, select all the folders marked F00 to F49 etc. and copy to a hard drive - if there is a problem it means you don't have to import all your CDs again, just load up itunes and open the files (admittedly that took 4 hours last time for me).