1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

moving year groups

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tmtm, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Thank you for that.
    Anyone else?

2. Linda555

Linda555 New commenter

We were given a chance to state our preferences, in our annual review with HT (after 31 May - resignation day) and were usually told just after summer half term holiday.

3. I've been in the same year group for at least 12 years (!) and last year asked for a move; HT didn't want to move me for September 2011 for various other reasons. However, was told before Easter that I would be moving to the year group that I'd requested! Am delighted and re-enthused! Can't wait and have even done a pre-visit to a fabulous National Trust property and got it booked for September!!

4. Surprised to read the above!

5. We are usually given the chance to say what we want but the savvy people make sure they have done that without waiting to be asked. It depends whether what you want fits with what SMTwants wants. There is more of a feeling of people being put somewhere each year as there are always a few in tears.However, it cannot be an easy task to do. It just needs to be handled respectfully and carefully.

6. We usually find out July. Being Assistant Headteacher, sometimes I find out mid June but depends on the number roll and budget. For example; I taught in Y4 last year and I'm now in Y1 doing four days a week but looks like i'll be in Y2 next year class sharing with the teacher who is returning from maternity leave and doing two days a week.