1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving UPS1 to UPS2

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by chrystal tips, May 1, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I was hoping to move to UPS2 as we start back in Sept 2012. I approached head to ask if this was possible as this is second year on UPS1. She said all performance management assessments were going through changes and that I would need to wait for these changes and discuss the issue again in Sept 2012 when we come back to school. Is this right? or should we be judged now on this second performance management that is coming up at the end of this acemdemic year? Thanks for any advice,
    CT

2. Hi,
    I was hoping to move to UPS2 as we start back in Sept 2012. I approached head to ask if this was possible as this is second year on UPS1. She said all performance management assessments were going through changes and that I would need to wait for these changes and discuss the issue again in Sept 2012 when we come back to school. Is this right? or should we be judged now on this second performance management that is coming up at the end of this acemdemic year? Thanks for any advice,
    CT

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Salaries and progression are typically judged in September so I understand your heads caution. It should be straight forward a case of two successful PMs, no disciplinary issues and progression takes place.

4. Thanks Daisy, it's put my mind at rest.
    CT

5. I'm also due to move up to UPS 2 in September.
    My question is - I am moving to a maintained school in a different LA. Would I just automatically move up to UPS 2 or do I need to provide proof of 2 years' successful performance management?
    Thanks.

6. coppull

coppull New commenter

Yes.
    Just ask your old school to write to your new school with the information.

7. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

All teachers should retain their performance management documents, and indeed the letter informing them of passing threshold - Amazingly it has happened that a school has 'lost' all documentation and is unable to confirm that X person was on x salary, and these documents would then be your absolute and only proof.

8. Is it a natural progression if you have been on up1 to go to up2 after two years or do you have to provide evdience just like up1?