1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving up the upper pay scale

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by barbygirl, Nov 5, 2011.

1. I work in a small independent school and have been paid on U2 for over 2 years. I have requested to be moved to U3 but the school can pay what they like so I have not received this. My question is would I have automatically received this in a State school?
    In the letter I received back it stated 'a movement to U3 pay point might have been expected had you been employed in the public sector'

2. I work in a small independent school and have been paid on U2 for over 2 years. I have requested to be moved to U3 but the school can pay what they like so I have not received this. My question is would I have automatically received this in a State school?
    In the letter I received back it stated 'a movement to U3 pay point might have been expected had you been employed in the public sector'

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Movement up the stages of the upper pay spine in ordinary state (not academies and free schools) is dependent upon two successful performance management reviews and schools should therefore award it if those have been achieved.
    It's not really relevant in your case, however, as you say - because they can do what they like.