1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving up the payscale

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by wal12, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Hello

I'm a NQT, been working in a school since 1st March, originally thought I was only being paid up until now but turns out I'm being paid up until end of August meaning I would have worked 28 weeks in a school. Does this now mean I can move onto M2 if I'm starting a new school?(I thought you had to do 24 weeks with an LEA before moving up?) I have only just found out this....do I speak to head? or is it too late? I have one term of NQT left, not sure if this matters?

Thanks

2. Hello

I'm a NQT, been working in a school since 1st March, originally thought I was only being paid up until now but turns out I'm being paid up until end of August meaning I would have worked 28 weeks in a school. Does this now mean I can move onto M2 if I'm starting a new school?(I thought you had to do 24 weeks with an LEA before moving up?) I have only just found out this....do I speak to head? or is it too late? I have one term of NQT left, not sure if this matters?

Thanks

3. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

I'm not sure that you do qualify. You have to have worked 26 weeks of the ACADEMIC year and if you started in March, I don't think you have, that's probably only about 18 weeks. The fact that you're being paid until the end of August is great for you financially but it doesn't count towards the 26 weeks and neither do holidays. So unfortunately, I don't think you'll be moving up to M2, sorry.