1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving up the pay scale.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Beckycoz, Feb 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Beckycoz

Beckycoz New commenter

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I finish my NQT year in April this year. I have a perm job at a school. However, I was wondering if anyone would know, if I would move up the scale from April, and my pay would be amended or would I have to wait until October for the PM meetings to take place and reviewed by the LA? If this was the case would I get back paid from April? Has anyone had experience of this before?

2. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

Not had experience of finishing in April but I know when I finished my NQT year my wage went up immediately in September without PM as passing NQT is seen as your PM and progression for M2.

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Your pay rise is likely to be from September, if you get one.
    Check your school's pay policy, but it is highly unlikely you'd get a pay rise part way through the year. The increase is for number of year's worked, not for passing your NQT year.

But it varies from school to school, so is worth asking.

Landofla and Lara mfl 05 like this.