1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving to UPS2- How do I apply?

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by dianaprince, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Is it the same as Threshold? Is there a form, and if so where do I get it from?

I only just realised, after the end of term, that it has been 2 years since I got threshold, and so therefore can apply for UPS2. However despite googling I can't find a form to download.

Can anyone help?

2. Is it the same as Threshold? Is there a form, and if so where do I get it from?

I only just realised, after the end of term, that it has been 2 years since I got threshold, and so therefore can apply for UPS2. However despite googling I can't find a form to download.

Can anyone help?

3. <h3><a name="TOC-How-do-I-move-up-within-the-post-th">[/URL]from http://sites.google.com/site/tesfaqs/threshold#TOC-How-do-I-move-up-within-the-post-th</h3><h3>How do I move up within
    the post-threshold scale?</h3>
    There is no application process
    for progression from UPS1 to UPS2 or from 2 to 3.

Once you have passed
    through the Threshold to UPS1, progression to the upper points requires that you
    continue to meet the standards, making a &ldquo;sustained and substantial
    contribution&rdquo; to your school. This is evidenced by 2 successful performance
    management reviews. Unfortunately &lsquo;successful&rsquo; is not defined but if no problems
    are identified at Performance Management and you are not progressed, your
    Headteacher would have to explain why, in writing.

Under current
    Performance Management regulations, the responsibility for ensuring that PM
    reviews reflect the sustained and substantial contribution is shared between the
    reviewer and reviewee. A recommendation on progression should be made by the
    reviewer as part of the PM review.

Relevant bodies should (not must) take
    full account of the clarification document (see attachment at foot of page) in
    considering a decision to progress a teacher from one threshold point to the
    next. It does not outline standards to be fulfilled or additional criteria, bit
    rather is a clarification of the position. It does, however, provide force to
    the argument that decisions have to be &ldquo;fair, transparent and rooted in
    evidence&rdquo;