1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving to UPS2 at a different school

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by darrelknott, Oct 2, 2019.

1. darrelknott

darrelknott New commenter

Hi has anyone had the experience of moving up the pay scale based on two successful years PM at their previous school?

I have started at a new school and am applying for pay progression but will need to contact my previous school for confirmation. Any help advice would be useful, were you succesful?

2. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

It depends entirely on your new school's pay policy. So, the first thing to do is check that - ask your line manager if you are not sure. I assume from your title that your new school has started you off on the UPR - I think you have done well to get that as other posters have said they are finding it hard to get a job starting on it.

strawbs likes this.
  3. shevington

shevington Occasional commenter

Evidence from old school should be sent to new school.. If you have passed your PM you go up the Scale

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

There's no law that requires that. Depends entirely what the new school's pay policy says. They don't have to honour anything that happened in OP's PM at OP's previous school unless it was included in OP's offer letter/contract of employment &/or the new school's pay policy.

strawbs likes this.
  5. shevington

shevington Occasional commenter

Hopefully he will tell us ,what happens and whether he was successful in using two years of evidence from his old school.