1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving to UK

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by aconabaso, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Hi there,

Im an overseas teacher (from Spain) with the QTS. I would like to get some advise to get a permanent teaching position in UK. Im in Bournemouth, and i worked with a supply agency two years ago, but i didnt get many assignments so i had to work in retail as well. Then, for circumstances, i had to go back to Spain. But now again, i want to do my best to get that position. I have checked the local newspapers, some websites... but i guess i could do other things to keep myself aware of where the opportunities / vacancies come up. Any help, please?

Thanks a lot!!!

2. Hi there,

Im an overseas teacher (from Spain) with the QTS. I would like to get some advise to get a permanent teaching position in UK. Im in Bournemouth, and i worked with a supply agency two years ago, but i didnt get many assignments so i had to work in retail as well. Then, for circumstances, i had to go back to Spain. But now again, i want to do my best to get that position. I have checked the local newspapers, some websites... but i guess i could do other things to keep myself aware of where the opportunities / vacancies come up. Any help, please?

Thanks a lot!!!

3. Most teaching jobs are in and around London. But that's also one of the most expensive parts of the country for living costs. I suggest you try to get on to the supply service some local authorities run, and register with some supply agencies.