1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving to threshold query

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by purplepixie, May 9, 2011.

1. purplepixie

purplepixie New commenter

Hello all,

I hope someone can help clear up this confusion. I've been waiting to hear back from my NUT rep but it's taking some time. I am on M6 this year. I have been hoping to move to U1 next year, having completed 2 previous successful PMRs.

My head teacher informed me that I would have to be on M6 for TWO years before moving to U1. I felt uncertain about this and contacted my NUT rep. He emailed back saying that he thought it was 2 years, but could check if I wanted. I responded that I would most certainly like him to check.

In the meantime I Googled my heart out, searched forums, trawled through the Pay and Conditions document, looked through the NUT website for documentation... nowhere can I find that it says you have to be on M6 for two years. However, my head is really quite marvellous and extremely knowledgable and I feel almost cheeky asking her to prove to me that it's two years!! But... this house deposit won't save itself!

Does anyone know, off the top of their head?
    Thanks!
    Katy

2. erm

erm

I have a feeling there might have been one (or more?) cohorts early on that had to wait 2 years on M6, but that's going back a fair few years now. It's always bugged me because I know my dh had to wait and I was never sure whether that was right or not.

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Not really, she got this one very wrong, once you have been on M6 for a year, you can apply, i.e. submit a letter informing head you wish to be considered at the end of your M6 year, for consideration in the following year's salary determination by October 31st.

in which case she won't mind a professional discussion around an area where she made a mistake. Point out her error politely and in a spirit of mutual respect and there shouldn't be a problem.

4. Piranha

Piranha Lead commenter

5. purplepixie

purplepixie New commenter

Thanks everyone for the advice. It has been confirmed for me by my union rep (who did immediately go off and telephone the legal people to check) that it's one year on M6. My head is splitting her time between my school and another local school that's got no SLT, so I shall see her when she's in to have the chat [​IMG]