1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving to London - How to reduce travel for job interviews?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by JHarper10, Apr 9, 2019.

1. JHarper10

JHarper10 New commenter

Hi everyone,

I really want to move to London but am concerned about the idea of travelling down to London every time for an interview.

It would be very expensive and time consuming to repeat this.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to secure a job in London?

Are there for example recruitment companies that may be able to place me based on my credentials and videos of my teaching performance, without the need to continuously travel for interview?

Any help and advice is welcome,

Thank you.

2. thejudgesscoresarein

thejudgesscoresarein Occasional commenter

You don’t specify where in the country you live?

In regards to interview, schools will want to meet with anyone they are considering to employ for any role within their school, so if you are looking to re-locate down there then you would need to travel to attend interviews.

Have you also considered the costs of living in London? Purchasing a decent sized property for less than £500k in the capital will be very unlikely and renting a decent sized family home will be at least £1000 pcm, plus bills and other living costs..