1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving to Devon--help

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by beckyboo1234, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hey all

Im currently teaching in the West Midlands but in April will be moving down to Devon,

I was wondering what supply agencies schools use down in Devon to cover with, or any other useful websites on teaching recruitment in Devon.

just in case I cant get a job in the Easter and have to wait to September?

Thanks so much

Regards
    Rebecca

2. Hey all

Im currently teaching in the West Midlands but in April will be moving down to Devon,

I was wondering what supply agencies schools use down in Devon to cover with, or any other useful websites on teaching recruitment in Devon.

just in case I cant get a job in the Easter and have to wait to September?

Thanks so much

Regards
    Rebecca

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Lovely place to live and work! Which means, of course, that people stay and stay and stay. So there are fewer jobs available there, especially in Primary.
    Sorry to give you bad news.
    People cannot give you names of supply agencies on here, it's against the Terms & Conditions. But you can google them, I'm sure. Don't rely on supply, however, as it is very very slim pickings. Very slim indeed - some people are saying that they get only 3 or 4 days' supply . . . per half term.
    Just in case? You'd be extremeley lucky to get a job for September, in my view!
    Look at the Local Authority website. Regularly. Set up a Job Alert here on this site. Read all the advice in the Shortlisting clickables, as it may be a year or two since you last sent in an application, and you will need to update your skills.
    In fact best to read this general advice on job hunting:
    Dear Theo I need help!
    Best wishes, and best of luck.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars