1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Moving to another International School

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by cardelle, Nov 18, 2015.

1. cardelle

cardelle New commenter

Afternoon,

I would like to get some information on teaching and living in the following countries please.

Peru
    Argentina
    Brazil
    Mexico

I have taught at an international school in Aisa for the last three years, however I am now looking for an alternative experience. Any information would be greatly received.

I also have a non-teaching partner (it's been possible for this long what difficulties would arise in the listed countries)?
    Thanks for taking the time

2. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Hmm. Writing about specific schools is not really allowed, although some kind person might start a conversation with you. Peru, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico - well, you are certainly spreading your net pretty wide.

3. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

If you want a completely different experience to where you've been, try somewhere else in Asia. It's a vast area with huge variation.

S & C America are great places to live (although I have a close friend in Mexico, it isn't the safest place to visit). However: Salaries tend to be much lower and jobs fewer and further between.

Anywhere you go with a 'partner' will have problems. Visas, tickets, accommodation, etc. S. & C. America is no different, except the airfares maybe more expensive. Get married is the oft quoted advise on these hallowed pages: if the relationship can survive travel, it could survive marriage.

4. MadameMaker

MadameMaker New commenter

5. mikemcdonald25

mikemcdonald25 Occasional commenter

Hi Cardelle

Send me a message or is it a conversation? May be able to help with Peru and Argentina.